Friday, January 2, 2009

Tear-stained hankie getting a workout

With Gaborik out for 10+ weeks, I have a feeling Kolanos is apartment shopping in St. Paul.

And now, my former darling John Scott has been called up to Minnesota as Zidlicky's "one day" illness is verging on day 3 and the team plays Detroit tomorrow night. He didn't even play in Binghamton tonight, so I'm assuming he's actually going to make it to his destination this time. I'm not sure that's the choice I'd have made, but it's not a bad one. As I've mentioned, he's playing quite well this season, so I'm excited to see how he does against the (zomg!) Red Wings tomorrow if he plays.

Aeros lost 0-4 tonight. Those boys need some days off but they've got one more game to slog through to get there. I'm afraid to think what tomorrow's score is going to look like. Presumably it's Barry's turn to get lit up. I haven't watched the game yet... Not exactly looking forward to it honestly, but I'll muddle through tomorrow.

Went to stick and puck with Scott TCG this afternoon and then to Fogo de Chao for dinner with some friends. I'm on the verge of a double coma: A "got my ass kicked HARD in goal" coma and a food coma. More on the hockey tomorrow. Bed is the only thing I can think about right now, though I'm sure Scoo Scott is eagerly awaiting my report.

I will say there are about five teenage hockey players in Sugarland who have been called some really foul names today and for that I'm not remotely sorry. They all deserved it.

2 comments:

walkinvisible  January 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

name-calling is a sport AND an artform, just ask sean avery.

and while i'm on the subject, a friend of mine was working the flames v. oil game the other night for TSN (pulling cable or some really lame deal) and met me afterwards at the bar, opening with this gem:

"so, i saw sloppy seconds at the game."

:)

Ms. Conduct  January 3, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

You know, no matter what else happens with Avery, what a gift he's given us with that line!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP