Monday, January 12, 2009

Figured it out

I've been pondering hard my mental processes in the crease since last night, and I think the difference is that my first game, my only goal was to stay square to the puck.

I think back to last night, and I realize I was thinking too much about HOW to get square to the puck, about what my feet were doing, "is a shuffle or t-push or c-cut the right move here?" and stuff like that. I need to do that in practice but not during games. I played much more focused when I just had one goal to think about: Square to the puck. Doesn't matter how, or what it looks like or any of that.

And looking back to last night, the times when that was at the forefront of my mind, I made the save.

Phew. I feel a bit better having figured that out.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP