Monday, January 5, 2009

Fantasy Success!

You probably haven't noticed that I kinda quit talking about my fantasy hockey teams a few weeks ago, since nobody cares what anybody's fantasy team is doing other than their own... but I did put the kibosh on talking about it because, frankly, I can only say, "I lost in all three leagues again" so many times.

BUT! With the new year and the looming prospect of spending the second half of the season toiling in the basement upon me, I went to work tweaking my teams a bit. I even learned how to see what stats I'm doing the worst in. That's proactivity, my friends.

Anyway, either I just got lucky and was up against weak opponents this week or the tweaking helped, but I won handily in all three leagues! I've never even come close to doing that, and that's in spite of having Mike Smith in two leagues and him having a rather bad week.

Thanks to KiPA for the guidance on a couple of good moves. I think the theory of Darcy Tucker ruining my fantasy mojo was spot on. I dropped him for Roloson who beat the hell out of Dallas the other night (unfortunately, Turco was the other active goalie on that team... oh well).

This isn't safe for work but pretty much sums up my mood this morning:

4 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  January 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

The funny thing is I think Tucker scored the day after you cut him.

Ms. Conduct  January 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

And then he got all that PIM last night. I know. But as long as I'm winning...

KiPA - Kevin in PA  January 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Oh, he got a lot of PIMs yesterday? Didn't notice that. But right, Ws are what matter.

Ms. Conduct  January 5, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

So I hear, anyway. He mugged Cal and got a misconduct and I think he got another 2. He racked it up, but I'm too lazy to look up the specifics.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP