Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scotty's back and you're gonna be in trouble

I feel for him but clearly, the team wasn't going to send Reitz down when Bergeron got all better, so it shouldn't come as any surprise. I think what it does indicate is that if JL is around next year (okay, not much chance of that), the big guy probably will have a spot in Minnesota. Maybe he will anyway. Regardless, I'm just happy to have him patrolling the Aeros blue line again.

Russo was also saying that Kurtis Foster will have a 2 week conditioning stint here in Houston in the next month or so. He's a big, Falk-sized fella, so we're gonna have a pretty imposing blue line for that period of time.

As much as I'm eager to see him play here, I know I'll be jumpier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs until I see him take a few hits and not go crumbling to the ice. *shudder* His injury is still so visceral in my mind. What a stud he is for working so hard to come back. I really didn't think he'd be able to do it. Not for lack of trying but because the injury was so incredibly severe and the NHL is so physically demanding. If anybody deserves the Masterson Award, it's Foster, 100%.

Busy day on my little blog thanks to a link to my Dallas post below from Kukla's Korner. Thanks for that, Dirk.

As for this evening, there's lots on tap!

  • First of all, I'll be live blogging the Wild/Phoenix game with my pal, Nick in New York, over at his site. Come say Hi if you're so inclined. It's the rematch of Gretzky and Clutterbuck. We'll see if Gretz has a visor-induced aneurism again.
  • Then I'm going to be flipping over to FSN-NW to check out my pal Schultzie's Tri-City Adorables, er, Americans in a little WHL action.
  • But before I do all that, I get to walk the dog and do some groin strengthening exercises. Goaltending is so glam, baby.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP