Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Updated: I need a Cal Twitter

There's so much going on with the guy, I'm getting tired of starting new posts every time a new funny little story or article or whatever comes out. And yet, it keeps happening and I see quite a few folks up in the wintry part of the world coming and clicking the Clutterbuck tag... so I feel obligated to make sure it's all here. ClutterInfoHub.

Anyway, Ryan Stanzel seems like a pretty swell guy and I enjoy his blog a lot. Today, he's got a nice little nugget about what a swell guy Cal is and how he sits in his stinky gear for way longer than anyone else after practice, perhaps just extending his NHL glory a little each day.

If that isn't endearing, I dunno what is.

When I played out, my favorite part of each game was taking that godforsaken gear off afterward. Now it takes me an eternity to get out of my goalie gear. Not just because I'm tired and uncoordinated after games (though that's part of it), but because I know I won't get to be in it again for another week. It bums me out a little. I'm just so happy to finally be doing what I've been working toward, even when it sucks. So I relate to that feeling, at least on a novice league level.

I can only imagine how much more special it would be to have naked Mikko wandering around the room. Very, very special, no doubt.

Update: Here's another article on Cal. It's a good one. I just couldn't bring myself to start another post.

5 comments:

NETminder1  January 28, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

maybe cal is afraid to shower with the boys!! lord knows all the strange things that go on in men's hockey locker rooms!!!

Ms. Conduct  January 28, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Oh now see you ruined a nice moment there... He soaking in the damn moment and that's that!

NETminder1  January 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

sorry, i seem to be the bearer of all bad things! i rain on people's parades a lot! and i meant to say I know what goes on in locker rooms...been there, done that! i've got a million stories, none of which i will share at this time!

Ms. Conduct  January 28, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

It's okay. And yeah, I don't wanna know. What men do in the company of each other needs to just remain a mystery.

NETminder1  January 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

most of it is downright hilarious, but some is rather disturbing. but i'll spare anyone and everyone the details unless i'm asked! good job with the buttons, BTW.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP