Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fools rush in; Congrats to Cal

First of all, my apologies for jinxing Kolanos with my exuberant post the other day. He has not been impressive, other than one good shift tonight, since then. As a good, law-abiding hockey fan and knowing that the fate of my teams revolves around my behaviors, I'll fall on the knife for his less than effective play the last couple of games.

*shame*

P.S. But he's still better than Pouliot.

-------------------

What is it about Phoenix that Cal has such exciting games against them? He was amazing tonight with 5 shots on goal, 4 hits (and a few nasty ones he took on himself), some quality jawing at Jokinen and probably lots of other guys, one goal, and one assist. Oh yeah, and he was the #1 star. Again.

The kid is just wired different. No matter how bad the other team gives it back, he just keeps coming. He's just relentless.

Have I mentioned lately how much I miss getting to watch him in person? Widescreen HD just can't contain his game. But who could deny him this:


Here's a post game interview. He's the first interview. And here's another one. Kid can't even get his pads off and they're all over him.

And just to pile on a little more, here's Russo's article for tomorrow. It's about Boogaard but it's mostly quotes from Cal razzing him (gently) for his lack of goal scoring. My favorite part:

When locker-room stallmate Cal Clutterbuck heard Boogaard hadn't scored in more than three years, the agitator couldn't help but chime in.

"That's a long time, man," Clutterbuck, 21, told Boogaard. "How do you get through the day? I mean, I was 18 years old. I was still playing junior hockey, Boogs."
Poor Boogie. But you have to love this, right?

6 comments:

walkinvisible  January 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

i am humbled by the frequency and quality of your posts.

Ms. Conduct  January 13, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Gosh, that's about the nicest thing I've heard in a long time. And from someone who knows their hockey, that really means something. Thank you!

hipcheck  January 14, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Minnesota just has the Coyotes numbers. We let them get under our jerseys and Cal just rubs it in more I think. We've beaten you once in the last like 3 years. That is not a good track record!

Ms. Conduct  January 14, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

I did think they did better not letting Cal agitate them so much. Seemed like Kolanos and Carcillo had more issue with each other once DMo got his big hit on Cal, which seemed to make him feel better.

Life_As_A_Redhead  January 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I'm gonna have to go back and watch this game on archives.

And for the record, Clutterbuck is one of my "pet" players. I love his spirit and intensity.

hipcheck  January 14, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I guess KK hit Danny in his bad knee. I didn't see that but a couple of people said that was what set him off.

Our paper had a pic of Danny yelling at KK with the linesman holding him back, and you can see where he is missing his teeth. So what did I do? I made it my background at work.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP