Friday, January 23, 2009

One Year Blogiversary: Quick Hits

Ms. Conduct by the Numbers:

Aeros tags: 106
Clutterbuck tags: 61
Kris "Chucko Sucko" and Sean Avery tags: 8 apiece
Attention Whore tags: 19 (okay, now 20)

March 2008 visit count: 68
January 2009 visit count: 2,526 (so far)

In the past 500 visits: 84% were American (mostly Houston or Minnesota), 15% Canadian, 1% other

---------------

Are you guys like me where sometimes you'll write/read/think/see something and just go, "Holy crap, I love hockey. I mean, REALLY love hockey." I love that. I worry sometimes that feeling will go away. But not today. I'm up to my eyeballs in it today.

---------------

All Star Games

I know a lot of people don't like them, but I agree with Bill Clement's (hands of cement) take from NHL Live yesterday. The whole thing is really just a celebration of hockey with some of its best and brightest taking a few spins around the ice. Nothing more, nothing less.

And really, I'm not one to cotton to the hot shot players all that much, other than the occasional goalie. But to have that much talent collaborating on the same sheet? That's f**king cool, man.

Be sure and find the AHL All-Star stuff on Sunday and Monday and set your Tivos for it. Give Brusty and Locker some love. The AHL break is a short one. They play Saturday night and then have to get on a plane Sunday morning to Worcester, MA and do the skills competition that evening. Not ideal but when has the Aeros schedule been ideal this season?

-----------------

Google Reader

Okay, so I'm a stats whore, so I see how folks are finding my blog. It doesn't matter but, you'd be curious, too. Trust me. It's interesting stuff.

Like, in the last 3 weeks, LOTS of gals have been wondering about Cal's relationship status. Though searches about Robbie Earl and Ryan Hamilton have eclipsed all my stats the last couple of days. Hopefuly people found what they were looking for, unless it was info on Earl, of which I have almost none for now.

And I find it fascinating the places people are just searching for "ms conduct." Are they looking for my blog or the women's hockey league in Florida or do they not know how to spell or what? When I see it coming from Boston or SoCal or random Canadian towns, I have to wonder. It's funny, but more importantly, it reminds me that I am, in fact, the center of the universe. Phew. As long as we're all still on the same page...

Anyway, for those of you who visit my blog and any others (and there are SO many awesome hockey blogs out there, you have to be reading more than mine, right? The list on the right here should get you started), may I suggest setting up a Google Reader page for yourself? It's super easy and so convenient.

Mine's even set as my home page in my browser so it stays open and I get little nuggets of joy from all my various blog subscriptions all day long, as it refreshes itself when there's new stuff from any of your blogs.

Here's even a great primer from Google to get you set up. It's good. Embrace 2009 and bloggerdom! I know I was all, "OMG, why didn't I do this a year ago?" when I finally took the plunge. I was going to five or six sites every morning and some were frustratingly un-updated far too often so I felt like I was wasting my time.

Anyway, that's that. I've been wanting to bring this up for a while, but it seemed kind of obnoxious for some reason. But since I'm being unabashedly obnoxious today anyway, I figured I'd just pile on.

------------------------

Aeros vs. Peoria two nights in a row

Haven't had a back-to-back with the same team so far this season, as I recall. At least not at home. I don't think. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Anyway, this is a decent little rivalry and as I mentioned earlier, Foyzie's back in town with Peoria. And my favorite giant goalie, Ben Bishop, will be here.

And don't forget the USA vs. Canada amateur game after the Aeros game tonight. It's free to just stick around and watch if you're so inclined. The only problem is that they won't still be selling beer. At least, *I* find that to be a problem since I can't partake during the game. Oh well. See you tonight.

1 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  January 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

"Are you guys like me where sometimes you'll write/read/think/see something and just go, "Holy crap, I love hockey. I mean, REALLY love hockey." I love that."

Yes, yes I am like that. ALL THE TIME.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP