Sunday, January 11, 2009

Start getting steeled for it now

Just got the press release about tonight's game from the nice Aeros PR fellas. I felt a wave of relief seeing "Finish Road Trip" in the title. Thank the ever-loving gods for that! I was about to start tying yellow ribbons around trees...

I also notice that both Houston AND Chicago are on a 6 game losing skid. As the Aeros are the league's #1 slump busters, this is a guaranteed loss, I wager.

And with that, I'm wondering if I've gone to the dark side a little after last night. Normally my inner hockey romantic believes there's always room for hope and time for a turn-around if everyone will just dig deep and play their balls off. Ergh. Let's call that "play their hearts out." Hang on to your balls, at least figuratively. Um. Anyway...

But I may very well have the stink of realism on me at this point. I don't like it, because it makes it less fun to write about the team, but it will certainly make it easier to get through the season without having to keep an emergency cyanide capsule in my purse in case I finally see one dump and change too many and go right over the edge.

Anyway, Aeros v. Chicago at 6 Central this evening. I don't know if I'll be watching in real time as we may have dinner plans and then I have my own hockey game tonight at 10. I hate watching games after I know the result, especially when it's a loss. Might be Wednesday before I muddle my way through it. Have a good Sunday, y'all.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP