Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goalie Insomnia

After Friday's miserable outing, and on the cusp of Sunday's new season of novice league, I find myself unable to sleep. The inability was so apparent, so quickly after the lights went off and I snuggled into my intricate pillow configuration, that I was back up and down to the living room within 5 minutes. I hate to lay in bed and toss and turn when I can't sleep.

Anyway, I was lying there making saves in my head and then realizing my whole body was tense. I'd relax and then the cycle would start over. I do this a lot. Most nights, in fact, but it's much worse tonight as I'm sandwiched between trying to let go of Friday's ass beating so I can get my head in it for Sunday night's practice (practice? PRACTICE?).

Doesn't help that I'm sore absolutely everywhere. The worst, though, is my Gaborik... er, I mean my "lower body." Holy mother of God. I was down on the floor tonight trying to stretch out a bit and it was absolutely at its worst when I got up off the floor the way I get up off the ice. So, that's gonna be a grimace-fest tomorrow night. Maybe I need to go to Vail and get fixed up. Suppose they'll give me and Gaby a Groiner Group Rate?


I know this will get better. But what the hell is the point of having a blog if I can't do a little venting every now and then? So here I am at 2:30 a.m. venting about not being able to sleep because every time I close my eyes, I'm in a mental butterfly making a sick glove save on some top-corner-picking bastard. I know they recommend visualization for athletes, but I think you're supposed to be able to turn it off, too.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP