Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wild v Stars - 10/29

Well... I guess Ms. Conduct isn't such good luck for the boys from Minnesota. It was a bad bad game for the Wild. I've literally done nothing but edit my photos from the game and open this blogger window so I'm not sure what was said about the game but I'm gonna take a stab that JL wasn't real happy.

But, in spite of the crappy play and an ugly loss, it was SO much fun to see the guys in person finally! And to yell for my team, since I can't do that in Houston any more. But honestly, nobody had a good game, except maybe Josh Harding. Even Mikko didn't look superhuman. In fact, he looked like he had the flu. I think they all had the flu. I blame you, Reitzy!

Also, a special shout out to ATX and WATX from Russoville. Met up with them during the first intermission and they are as lovely as I expected. Hopefully we can spend more time the next time the Wild come to Dallas, and maybe the outcome of the game will leave us happier.

Finally, man, those Dallas fans are mild mannered. I was screaming for the Wild players and yelling at the refs and doing my whole "fangirl" routine and nobody said a peep. I was expecting a little push back from the people around me but nothing. In fact, they seemed pretty amused. I'm not sure they'd ever seen anybody really get into a hockey game before. Very weird. Of course, we were down in the lower bowl and I'm not sure how many of those folks (aside from the ones wearing Wild sweaters) actually like hockey or just got the tickets from work. Odd. But it's a very nice arena. The glass was so clear I could take pictures right through it and it was so bright in there. Really nice.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the evening.

The calm before the storm.


Sadly, my only decent picture of Mikko. Rawr...


Backstrom during warm-ups


Harding in net to save the day

3 comments:

Anonymous  October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Thanks for the shoutout ms.c! Hopefully the next one will be a better outcome for sure. It was great to meet you and we will see you in Dallas in March!

tami  October 30, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

See, I can't even *think* about that arena without getting pissed off about the super-high taxes that cause my rates to DOUBLE whenever I rent a car there. Grrrr. And I LIVED there when that was up for election and I voted AGAINST it because I knew I would somehow end up footing the bill. And I did, I did! I knew it!

Now, what were you talking about? Hockey?

Kirsten  October 31, 2008 at 2:05 AM  

Matt Niskanen is unlucky for the Wild. It seems like he always gets a goal. Maybe it's for the boys back home so they will be sure to see?

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP