Monday, October 13, 2008

Big Ben Bishop & Peoria

My fascination with Peoria Rivermen goalie Ben Bishop is no secret, right? Here's a good article on him from the AHL web site.

I'm looking forward to Peoria coming to town (wonder what reception Matt Foy will get), though I'll have to be on my A game to have enough focus to not just sit and watch him all game. And I love that he's coming up behind my favorite small goalie, Manny Legace, in the Blues organization.

For those keeping track, I think he's the only non-Aeros AHL player who has his own label on my blog. (Edit: I take that back. My friend, Kris Chucko, has his own.)

I'd love to do a little Aeros road trip if there's an Illinois swing with the Wolves, Ice Hogs, and Peoria in quick succession. SIL's family is in Peoria, so that would be good family relations to take our nephew to a game (though I'd have to watch my potty mouth). He's a spunky kid. I think he'd take to hockey pretty well. Hmm.

3 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  October 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Ah, there never to young to start the hockey indoctrination.

You should do it.

Ms. Conduct  October 13, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

Yeah, I'm more concerned about the Four Letter Word indoctrination he's likely to get unless I duct tape my mouth. Though by then I should have my press box poker face pretty well down pat.

Life_As_A_Redhead  October 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

I have to watch that all the time myself. Trust me, the more kids in the class, the more I want to "let em fly".

It's not quite so bad with the younge-teens, though. At least they don't go ask their parents what the word means.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP