Sunday, October 26, 2008

Avoid Blues ice if you have a lower body....

So first, Chris Mason's appendix goes kaplooey. Then Legace goes down after slipping on the carpet laid out for the ceremonial puck drop with That Woman. Now my big Ben Bishop has a lower body injury suffered during last night's game against Florida. So, backup Marek Schwarz filled in and finished off the shutout Ben had started.

With both of Peoria's top goaltending prospects up in St. Louis... can the Aeros hurry up and play them while they're vulnerable?? :)

Here's hoping the boys are angry at these two losses and and looking avenge their honor (or something similarly noble and righteous) against the Toronto Marlies at 3 this afternoon. The Marlies 2-3-0-1, so hopefully they'll be a little easier to play.

BTW, I watched those first two Manitoba goals from last night. The first one, Barry should have gotten. No screen and just a straight up shot on goal by a player who broke away from the defense. The second one was, I believe, one shift later off a face-off, where the Manitoba player shot from a few feet beside the net and the puck bounced in off of Paul Albers' leg. Ouch. At least, that's how it looked. There was a Manitoba player right behind Albers, but I don't think he got a piece of it.

3 comments:

Fred Trask  October 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

I felt the first Manitoba goal was due to a complete defensive breakdown by the Aeros but Barry could have saved the bacon with an outstanding save. Hard to put the blame on him for that one though.

The 2nd one was just one of those goals that happen when a team is struggling. Again a goalie with great positioning could have helped there but I didn't feel it was on Barry there either.

Overall I'm shocked at the lack of team defense but I know a KC coached team will not remain like that for long.

I'm a little worried about today though since it's a 3 in 3 with travel, an early puck drop after 2 nights of being hit hard by Manitoba.

Life_As_A_Redhead  October 26, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

I watched that game. It really was a good game.

Too bad about not getting the shutout. I was rooting for one, though. I heartily approve of the Blues, defensively.

Ms. Conduct  October 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

I don't put that second one on Brusty. It was a fluky bounce and just one of those things. I think it would have been a big save if he'd gotten that first one, but I think if I were playing goal, that's one I'd feel like I should have gotten more than the others, where they were just scrambling and the puck is going everywhere or he's screened or whatever.

Seems you were right to be worried about today. Haven't watched it yet but saw the score. Wasted another day watching the Texans.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP