Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Clutterbuck Interview

Kevin Falness is a rock star. I've even completely let that Fridge thing* go. I'm sure he's relieved.

Here's a nice little interview with Cal regarding his call-up last night.

I will say, though, that I got a bunch of sad faces in my email from Coach Stalin this morning when the Aeros sent the presser out about the call-up. She feels like all her favorite players have been taken from her... Voros, Reitz, Awe, Clutterbuck.

Luckily she's a Rags fan, so she now has Mr. Terrific Ass back on her roster. I dunno. Maybe she'll find a new Aero to root for. Maybe Cal will be back before she even goes to the next game for which she has tickets. For his sake, I hope not.
----------------------

*Fridge thing: So I was LOVING Fridge last season and they did a Hockey Unplugged up in Minny last spring, which normally Kevin records and then posts for all us losers who couldn't be there to listen to.

Well, his recording equipment crapped out on him or something and the one with Fridge didn't get recorded. Turns out Fridge, who is musically inclined, sang "Deep in the Heart of Texas" for the crowd. OMFG! My favorite state, my favorite song about my favorite state, my favorite hockey player singing my favorite song about my favorite state. And I don't get to hear it.

Of course, the Unplugged with Gaby and Demo, where they give a bunch of vague non-answers and seem utterly disinterested gets recorded but not Fridge singing Deep in the Heart. So, it's only taken me about 8 months and lots of great interviews from Kevin with my boys during their time up in Minny for me to get over it. Because I'm obsessive and demanding. I suck. I'm sorry, Kevin.

2 comments:

hipcheck  October 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Damn girl, you have been posting entries like mad! I am having problems keeping up!

Fridge sings? Interesting fact to know. I may have to find away to bring that up..

I have been arguing on facebook about the name fridge. I like it and some people feel he should get a new name cuz hes on a new team. But I don't really like what she came up with for a nickname. So I am sticking with Fridge.

Ms. Conduct  October 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

The Fridge nickname comes from WAY back in his career. Here's some ammo for you: http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/12269666.html

Not sure where I read about him being into music, but I can't find it now. Maybe it's just that he sings pretty well.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP