Friday, October 17, 2008

A few miscellaneous things...

First, I just bought tickets to my very first Wild game! We almost decided to go to Minny for the Montreal game, but felt like 100K frequent flyer miles was a bit steep for an overnighter. So, we stuck with the plan to drive up to the game in Dallas in a couple of weeks. I'm excited!

We got seats on the goal line where Minny shoots twice, down in the bowl. Judging by the empty seats I've seen in the American Airlines Center this season, I'm guessing it won't be a problem to skooch over a section if we're too "in the corner." Shouldn't be a particularly popular game, I'm guessing (Sorry, Wild).

It will be fun to actually get to cheer out loud for my team again and wear my Wild Ms. Conduct sweater for the first time. Plus getting to meet my fellow Russotan's from Austin! I'm taking my camera!

-----------------

More Ben Bishop news, potentially, as Blues goalie Chris Mason had to get his appendix yanked last night. So, either Big Ben or Marek Schwarz will get a call up to the big club from Peoria to back up Manny.

------------------

Last night's Wild game against the Panthers (yeah, that team still exists), which I fully expected to be a disappointing dud, was decidedly more exciting than anticipated. Cal seems to be finding his NHL legs and was very effective at breaking up plays, being a pain in the ass, and punishing guys with some hard hits. Defenseman Mojzis impressed playing forward very solidly. Reitz has also proven himself to be reliable and tough on the blue line. At this point, he makes me less nervous than Skoula, who has been playing like he's pregnant or something. This one check he had last night. OMG. *I* hit harder in my non-checking novice league hockey.

Of course, Mikko was totally mikko and got 5 points (1 goal) and just brought that shit like his life depended on it. He's ridiculous.

5 comments:

Kirsten  October 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

I'm SO glad Mikko is on my team. He's bailing my goalies out.

Ms. Conduct  October 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Yep, he just got on my Wildbloggers roster on Thursday! Though my goalies are so bad, it's not mattering much.

AJ  October 18, 2008 at 12:05 AM  

LOL.

Skoula has always been softer than a sack of feathers. When he was in Colorado, he drove me nuts with his "ole" defense. Have always been happy to see him elsewhere.

hipcheck  October 18, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Panthers? Did you see Ballard? Was he on Gabby like white on rice? I am missing Ballard. I am thinking I am not liking this trade after these last two games..

Ms. Conduct  October 18, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Oh yeah, I saw Ballard, but Gaby was out with his gimpy groin because 'tis the season for Gaby to be groiny.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP