Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who's checking whom?

A photo from the game tonight in the San Jose Mercury News:

Minnesota Wild winger Cal Clutterbuck (22) is checked into the boards by Buffalo Sabres defenseman Jaroslav Spacek (6), of the Czech Republic, during the first period in an NHL hockey game, Thursday, Oct. 23, 2008, in St. Paul, Minn.

Now, I don't know about you, but I've watched a lot of Cal Clutterbuck and if anybody's checking anybody, Cal is checking Spacek. Let's give credit where it's due.

And I know I'm biased, but it seems to me he's getting better and more effective every game he plays. He was even in some goal scoring situations a couple of times tonight. And he got the most time of all the kids at 14:26 (all even strength). Obviously JL is pleased with his hustle and responsible play but isn't ready to put him on special teams.

2 comments:

Anonymous  October 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

One could point out that if indeed Clutterbuck is the recipient, he wasn't being checked, he was being charged. Spacek's feet have clearly left the ice.

Ms. Conduct  October 24, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Also, notice that Spacek's stick is on the boards. I'm not expert but I'm thinking it's difficult to get your stick around a guy and THEN check him into the boards.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP