Thursday, October 2, 2008

I can't quit staring

at this picture from (presumably before) the game last night. Our mild mannered Finnish hero in perfect light (which I'm assuming he always manages to instinctively find) looking warmly upon the wise, revered coach, and young Shep and Benny in the back unaware of the perfect moment happening right next to them.

Oh and the C. The C!!!! It looks so at home there on his chest, doesn't it? Jacques, give dat equipment guy a break. Time to make de C permanent, no doubt.

So, the fifth pre-season game found the boys playing as a team better with Burns and Butch back in the line-up and a 3-2 win. Harding was on fire until Skoula stuck the blade of his stick in his eye. On the one hand, every goalie knows the risk of a cateye cage, because they're not allowed in so many leagues for this very threat. I mean, really, for a goalie, what's more important than vision?

But of course, on the other hand, you hate to see a freak accident like that happen and for those blaming Skoula, Good Grief! Get over yourselves.

Meanwhile, by all accounts, Pouliot was playing the wing and basically invisible. What have I been saying? "Pouliot's a center. Stop putting him on the wing." I. Told. You. So.

And then somehow Scotty got third star. Huh? But hey, great for him. I'm sure that's a big boost for the big guy.

5 comments:

BReynolds  October 2, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

*Read with the valley girl accent*

You are like, such a girl.

/accent

I can't believe people are freaking out about Skoula. As if he poked Hards in the eye like a three stooges skit.

It's hockey people. Things happen.

Oh, and Skoula is still an idiot.

Ms. Conduct  October 2, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

OMG, but Mikko's like so totally cute, right?

The more people rail on Skoula, the more I feel for the guy and want to defend him. But that seems like too much swimming upstream. I'll go salmon for a few guys but not Skoula.

Kirsten  October 2, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

It's about damn time. It really does look good on him.

I'm so behind on the Wild happenings, thank goodness for my fellow bloggers who keep me up to date and remind me of important things that Russo does not tell me.

Skoula is an idiot. I pick on him more than I pick on Joe Mauer and Gaborik.

Life_As_A_Redhead  October 2, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Drooooooool...

And cute, isn't even close.

Ms. Conduct  October 2, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

I'm just not sure we have English words for whatever it is that Mikko is. I'm sure there's some very long German word that might cover it.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP