Monday, October 20, 2008

It had to happen eventually, right?

GOAL!


My teammate won the puck in the corner and it squirted out to me at the bottom of the circle, I spun around with the puck on my stick, skated into position a little bit, and shot it on the backhand where it went past the goalie on the far side.

I honestly just stood there looking for the puck to hit the boards on the other corner, as I assumed I'd hit it wide. But then I saw the goalie slump and the whistle blew and people started congratulating me (Coach Stalin went all Voros on me and nearly knocked me down). Anyway, pretty cool. Totally lucky. But I'll take it.

Helluva hockey weekend for me, gang.

6 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  October 20, 2008 at 1:58 AM  

Nonono. You were supposed to say...

"So there we were, battling for the puck in our own end. I muscled the 6-4, 230-pound forward off the puck, grabbed it and raced up ice. I dipsy-doodled around a man at center ice, split the D at the blue line, then fired a wicked wrister top shelf before the goalie even had time to react."

You could even add that it won you the game right before the buzzer sounded.

Ms. Conduct  October 20, 2008 at 5:10 AM  

Oh, how Pouliot! Wait, you said "muscled"... never mind.

BReynolds  October 20, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

Congrats, Ms. C. This is meant in a nice way... No, it really didn't have to ahppen eventually. Lots of people play and never score a goal.

Despite the fact that you could have used Kevin's description to make it sound better, the fact is, you scored, and that is to be celebrated.

Did you keep the puck? You should have.

Kinda kickin ass and takin names lately, aren't you? Scoring goals, interviewing coaches... life is good.

Ms. Conduct  October 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Oh yeah, I kept the puck! I'm framing that SOB!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP