Sunday, October 5, 2008

Suckfest and Happyfest

Suckfest
Good God, I motherf**king hate the Houston Texans and wish I didn't ever have to waste another Sunday on their sorry asses again. But I will because we have season tickets and I'm a good wife. But I'm going for the other team. Next week, I'm a Miami fan.

Happyfest
Okay, not really happy for the guys, but happy for the fans because Cal, Irmen, Kolanos, and Falk were assigned to Houston today. Frankly, the guys should be pretty satisfied knowing they were darn close to making the team and if it weren't for Gillies' age issues, one of them probably would have. And I think all of them have impressed Lemaire in their own ways, so I figure they'll have their chance.

Also, Scotty remains in Minny due to his "badly sprained ankle" and Brusty remains due to Harding's scratched eyeball. Might switch him for Schaefer if Hards isn't better by Saturday. Wouldn't mind it being BrustyTime right out of the gate. :)

There's more to say but I need my pre-game nap.

ETA: Post-nap, I'm feeling less full of bile. Lucky for the team from Sugar Land.

BTW, I swear I saw Matt Kassian on the concourse at the game. Boys had the day off, other than goalies and "select shooters" and practice wasn't until 5 p.m., so I would imagine a few of them took in the suckfest. I hope it didn't rub off on them. In fact, we should mandate that the Aeros players stay as far away from Texans players as possible. That shit might be contagious.

4 comments:

Kirsten  October 5, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

I only recently discovered there was such a team as the Texans. I'm not a very good football fan.

Is Falk the one from Snowflake, MB? If so, I will cheer for him just because of that if for no other reason.

Ms. Conduct  October 6, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

Yep, the Falkster is the Snowflakian. Really looking forward to seeing him on the ice.

Just forget that there's such a team as the Texans. Your life will be better for it.

Kirsten  October 7, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Haha, awesome. I've heard great things about him in addition to his awesome hometown name, I'm hoping DR doesn't randomly trade him on a whim to keep Gaborik.

Will do. You're not the first person to have told me this, either. I'm sensing a lot of Cowboys love deep in the heart of Texas.

Ms. Conduct  October 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Not from me... the Cowboys are worse.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP