Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Hockey Cornucopia

Buncha random stuff:
-------------------------------------
From Ryan Stanzel's Wild.com blog regarding last night's Wild win over Phoenix: "Unsung hero award to Cal Clutterbuck. Lemaire told the youngster to shoot more. He had three shots, two missed shots and four hits in 10:32. Oh and he blocked two shots. With a takeaway. And killed 1:17 of penalty time." Oh hell yeah. Cal pwns. (ETA: Here's more on him from the PioPress. I wonder if Cal needs a publicist.)

Jovo gets Clutterbucked.

Pouliot got the second goal of the night and his third goal of the season. I hear it was really pretty but we'll never know because the game wasn't televised and it wasn't included in the game highlights, which were clearly assembled by Phoenix. *grrr*

In Pouly's honor:



And Reitz got nice props from Russo: "I was really impressed with the play of defenseman Erik Reitz, who filled in well in 11-plus minutes. He was physical and safe."

-------------------------------------

Aeros host the W-B/Scranton Penguinos today at 4. Because I need this home win streak to continue for the article I want to write for PHN, they are guaranteed to lose. Someone be a hero and give me another lead for my article that isn't dependent on the outcome of today's game!

Appears they had a pretty fight-happy game against San Antonio on Friday. Maybe that helps the Aeros a bit after their relatively sedate game Friday. The Pens are 4-3-0-1 so far this season.

Boogaard, the younger, comes to town with the team. He's a former Wild draft pick from that less-than-stellar 2004 draft year and was never signed by the team.

-------------------------------------

Blessedly, the Texans are out of town today so I get to enjoy the day without the miserable schlep to Reliant Stadium. Just the Aeros game and then my own hockey game late (LATE) tonight. In the winter, the high school kids get the primo ice time and us novice leaguers are shoved waaay back to 10:05 p.m. Oh well. Kinda feels like we're getting away with something... all the "normal" people are getting ready for the work week, going to bed, etc. and we're playing hockey. That's pretty satisfying to my contrarian heart.

2 comments:

hipcheck  November 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I wish I could help you but I didn't really see the goal. I was being Yandle and had a little too much goose before the game. :)

Although, I do enjoy that pic of Jovo being crushed. he has been doing nothing for us this season.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP