Monday, November 17, 2008

All Star Voting!

You can't complain about the results unless you vote. Of course, the Canadiens fans took that to a rather incredible extreme and voted a gazillion times, so the whole Eastern team is going to be Habs players. Yawn.

But check it out, they made a little widget so you can share the very personal decisions you made in your voting with the rest of the world. I made some decisions that a lot of people won't like, but if anything, that should encourage you to go vote yourself (especially now that they've mostly taken care of the initially-very-buggy web page it's on).



Some of my picks are obvious, some aren't so much:

  • Koivu vs. Koivu just HAS to happen, ya dig? Don't vote for one without the other, got it?
  • Iginla is a Wild Killer but damn if I don't just love that guy.
  • Burns is on my Dream Dinner Party list. You have to love this guy. No really. It's not an option. Chuck Norris will kick your ass if you don't comply.
  • Can't really argue with Lidstrom, right? One of the greatest. And I don't feel much affinity for any of the other Western d-men.
  • Backstrom, The Goalie, has been on fire this season. There's a bit of homer in that pick but I contend that he's a contender.
  • In the east, I really have no loyalties to anyone. I've explained Saku, and then Crosby and Ovechkin because they're just exciting players to watch and since I don't care about the players specifically in the east, why not pick the the guys I actually want to see?
  • Chara's huge and freaky. What else do you need?
  • Komisarek is the long lost third Koivu brother and just adds to the marvelousness of the other two Koivus matching up here.
  • And as I've said, I'm totally down with the WRITE-IN FOR TIMMMMMMAAAAAY! movement.
  • Finally, I also wrote in Clutterbuck. Because while there are other players in the West who I like, I don't really care enough to vote for one of them. So I'm throwing some props my boy's way. What the hell. It's all for fun.
Now, when you go vote (not IF but WHEN), they've added a little code thingy you have to type in to make sure you're human and not a Habs fan. You may have to refresh the page to get that to show up, so check for it before you start entering your votes. Otherwise it gets angry with you.

1 comments:

Kirsten  November 18, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I'm one of those crazy Habs fans. I love me some C&H.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP