Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Assortment

Got a muffin basket of delight for y'all today:

First off, it looks like our favorite big, blond, Southern defenseman, Jon Awe, is doing just fine over in Korea. NHL.com reports he has 5 goals and 11 points for the Anyang Halla.

Next, thanks to my homeboys over at Hockey Wilderness for the bitchin' shout-out. Check 'em out. There's good stuff going on there.

Also, I just got notification from the Canadian postal service that my goalie mask was shipped yesterday. It's currently in Mississauga, ON. I don't know where that is or how you might pronounce it, but it sounds like a good place for a Canadian-made goalie mask to spend a few hours. How do you suppose it feels about coming to Texas? Suppose its little mask friends are laughing at it? Those smug Montreal-bound masks especially... les batards.

Also, if you don't think I'll spend at least one day wearing that thing around the house and hitting myself in the head as often as possible, you just don't know me very well.

Help me out though... my mask needs a name. Drop a suggestion in the comments. It's like the one pictured but solid black. Six months ago, I would have named it Marty. But, um, not now! Thanks for ruining my perfect mask name, Turco, Biron, and Brodeur!

(ETA: Also just got notification that my Goalie Monkey order has shipped! But it won't be here until next Monday, so no goalie for me this week.)

Lastly, Tomas Mojzis cleared waivers but according to the Russoblog the team has 48 hours to decide what to do about it. Sounds like it's riding on the "lower body" evaluation of Josh Harding today. I'm guessing his lower body is quite fine.

ETA: Oh! Another nugget from Ryan Stanzel's blog:

I got Erik Reitz and Derek Boogaard to record quick clips for the Houston Aeros, who are honoring the duo by including them in their Aeros Legends Bobblehead Series. Both have bobbleheads coming up soon, and they’ll both get a few for friends and family.
Sweet! I took a pass on the Obama/McCain bobbles but these? Oh hell yeah! The Boogie ones, especially, I would expect to be a hot commodity. And no, you can't have mine.

5 comments:

BReynolds  November 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

First off... attention whore? What?

Second, I'll say you're welcome on behalf of Hockey Wilderness. Obviously neide reads your work too, but I got here first, so there.

Next, I have no idea what to name your mask... I didn't know they needed a name. Do your other pads have names?

Ms. Conduct  November 19, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

AW... we came up with that name for this cat we had who was just a total whore for face rubbings and belly rubbings. Attention Whore. So, any posts where I'm being particularly self-absorbed gets that label.

They don't all need a name but mine does. I figure I'll avoid being cranky about getting hit in the head if I can thank ______ for preventing a dent in my melon.

Life_As_A_Redhead  November 19, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

"Also, if you don't think I'll spend at least one day wearing that thing around the house and hitting myself in the head as often as possible, you just don't know me very well."

LMAO!! I was alredy thinking that I would do this myself, if I ever bought one. Then I read it. So awsome. Thanks.

As far as a name, I'm suggesting turtle. (I know, strange, but it's what I'd name one if I had one.)

Ms. Conduct  November 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

You gotta test that thing, right?

Turtle... interesting. LOL :D

hipcheck  November 20, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

I thought about this for awhile and the only thing that comes to me is vader (since it's black). When Bryz had his all black pads we said he looked like Bryz-vader.

I know, I know, not very creative at all.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP