Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quick Hits: Outdoor Rink, Insana gone-a, Wild chokers, etc.

Never mind that it's too warm to leave the doors open this evening, the city of Houston has put an outdoor ice rink in its new Discovery Green park downtown. There was a bit about it on the news tonight and you could see the standing puddles, but really, it was mostly frozen. Impressive given highs in the 70s today. I'll be checking that out. Though I'm not crazy about skating on rinks with no markings. Hockey snob...

-----------

Jon Insana was released from his PTO with the Aeros today. With Mojzis coming back, someone was gonna be out and I figured it would be him over Love, who brings a much-needed toughness dimension. UPDATE: Insana signed with the Chicago Wolves on 11/28.

------------

I've never wanted less hockey. If I could have 5 hour hockey games and a 365-day-a-year NHL season, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I love hockey. But lately, the Wild are making me wish hockey games were only two 20-minute periods because they can't seem to play a third. Bleh.

------------

We got a microphone for Rock Band. I do not sing heavy metal worth a damn, but I can kick some butt on Boston and Kansas. More bands should be named after cities and states. I wonder if there's any Chicago on there.

-------------

Müller is at the post office. I missed the delivery today and it requires a signature. I'll have him in my hot little hands by 8:30 Friday morning because I'm going to the post office as soon as they open.

2 comments:

John Royal  November 27, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Do they have any Asia on Rock Band -- then you can have a city, a state, and a continent.

Ms. Conduct  November 27, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

Ha! Yeah, I don't think so, but I can't keep up with all the music we have on this thing.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP