Monday, November 3, 2008

Sleepy Post-Hockey Monday Smatterings

Not so much a cornucopia as I'm dead woman walking today. Always tired on Monday after hockey as it takes me a few hours to wind down after the game and our games start at 10 p.m. now. I think I slogged up to bed around 2 this morning.

Hockey was good last night. It's weird how much more at ease I am now that I'm going over the boards like a real hockey player (well, not LIKE a real hockey player, but in the spirit of a real hockey player, maybe). It's always those little things in life where you know you're being a coward, and you know everyone else knows you're being a coward, and yet you do nothing about it, that eat away at you, right?

Also, it turns out that my team's goalie is taking a break from the Sunday night league for a while, and we're in need of a goalie. I'm getting encouragement from several directions to take this as a sign that it's time to give goaltending a shot. Apparently the rink has all the goalie gear, except skates, for coaches to pull out for their teams to use. And I have skates. Hmm. So, I'll be shooting a note to our coach to see what he thinks about me gearing up this week. It's supposed to be a practice rather than a game, so that might be a good opportunity to get a feel for it. Maybe work with the other goalie a bit. I dunno. I'm more excited by the prospect than afraid of it, for now, but I suspect that will change if it becomes a reality. :)

---------------

I called our eye doc for an appointment this morning and apparently there was a fire in the building they're in and the power is out, so he can't set up an appt. It will happen though. I wasn't kidding.

----------------

The writer in me just loved the headline of this post on Puck Daddy today. It's also a good post, regardless of the headline, on the Stars dramatic meltdown. Where the hell was that meltdown when we drove 4 hours each way to see them play the Wild?? Coulda used some melting down that night, boys!

-----------------

More on Cal from the Pio Press. You have to appreciate the pickle he's in. They could send him down at any time. He has no real residence in either St. Paul OR Houston since he never moved into an apartment here. That's gotta be a weird existence, right?

Contributing call-up: Cal Clutterbuck finally has made plans to move his car out of long-term parking at the airport, overnighting his keys to the Houston Aeros on Friday.

Called up on Oct. 15, he had to catch a 4:30 a.m. flight out of Houston to meet with the Wild for a game in Florida. Because he didn't know if and when he'd be sent back down, he left his car there. And because he was moving into an apartment the day he was called up, the car is full of his stuff.

"I started thinking, maybe I should move it," he said. "It's got all my stuff in there. I didn't move in anywhere, I had to pack up and get out of the hotel in Houston before I came, because I was moving in that day."

Because the flight was so early, "I couldn't get a ride from any of the guys to the airport, so I had to drive myself."

Clutterbuck has played in all eight games since being recalled and was particularly productive in Saturday's victory, with three shots, four hits, two takeaways and two blocked shots in 10 minutes, 32 seconds. In terms of sticking with the Wild, he said he is trying to not get ahead of himself.

"I feel good, but I'm trying not to think about it, really. It's in the back of my mind, but it's not," he said. "I think about it a lot more when I'm home, because I'm at the hotel, am I going to get out of the hotel? Do I buy more clothes? Because I really didn't bring many. So that's more when I think about it."

2 comments:

hipcheck  November 3, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Hopefully you will get a chance to try out goalie. If anything, it will give you a good idea of where you are and where you need to be. :)

Life_As_A_Redhead  November 4, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

In re: Goalie. Hell yes, do IT!!!!

and Poor Cal, I feel just awful for him, that must be rough.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP