Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Prospect Watch 2008

That name might be a little dramatic for what I'm really doing, but I'm lazy and it's the first thing that came to me.

But here's the deal: NHL.com came out with an article today on Minnesota's top prospects. Some of it is good, some of it is questionable, but since it's the off-season and there's really not much to talk about, I figured I'd take one guy each day from the article and give my first-hand take on him (or if he's still in juniors, I'll just make stuff up).

Sound like fun?

You can read the full article here. I'll give each guy his own post over the next couple of weeks, and then sum it all up with who I think got the shaft, because a few guys did IMO. Gaborik should be signed by then, right? Right? Hello? (ETA: Wrong!)

Colton Gillies
Benoit Pouliot
Cal Clutterbuck
Ryan Hamilton
Petr Kalus
Peter Olvecky
Adrian Foster
Forward Wrap-up

Tyler Cuma
Marco Scandella
Erik Reitz
John Scott
Defensive Wrap-up

Anton Khudobin

2 comments:

Anonymous  August 13, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

Saw that you were looking for information on Adrian Foster. Was something on Minnesota Hockey Journal a month ago but his contract being a one-year AHL contract last year and that has not been renewed.

Ms. Conduct  August 13, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

Thanks Mystery Person! I saw something in the journal when I was searching that said Lundbohm was replacing him because Foster and the Aeros were going their separate ways, but it wasn't that specific.

I suppose that will have to be enough, between that and the Aeros basically saying they don't know where he is or what he's doing. I'd say they're not exactly singing from the same hymnal. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP