Friday, August 8, 2008

Lunch Skate

Skipped lunch today (man, my tummy is rumbling, too) and skated instead. I'd intended to just refresh my stopping a bit and then work on backwards, but my dumb-leg stopping needed more refreshing than I expected, so I worked on that the whole time, along with some just straight up laps around the rink to work on my stride and crossovers.

There was a guy (teenaged) getting a lesson from one of Andrea's students. It was fun to watch because they were working edges and doing some crazy, swervy stuff that I don't trust my edges nearly enough to do yet. It was just nice to see some really well-executed, hockey-style skating. Not that my novice league doesn't have some nice skaters, I'm just usually too wrapped up in my own stuff to care during a game.

1 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 10, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

It's always cool, to see a younger generation enjoying and prospering in your favorite sport.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP