Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weird Day

So, Edouard barely whimpered his way through my neck of the woods with nothing other than steady showers all day. Which is pretty much what I predicted. I'm patting myself on the back for my lack of overreaction. I think it helps to avoid the local news completely.

It was kinda weird though. A let-down, really. I was ready for some excitement! Even Major wasn't even phased.

And then, for some reason, I'm having a very Pro-Pouliot day today. My frustration with his lack of achievement in the AHL this past season is no secret. I really wish the guy well, but he's GOT to be tougher in the face of physical pressure. Or he needs to work out an elaborate keep-away game with Butch and just wear the D out, while a grittier player (Nolan?) makes some space or screens or shovels in rebounds or whatever it is he can do.

But today, I'm feeling hopeful about my newly-hunkified prospect. I was watching some of his video on YouTube while I ate lunch. Nice stuff. I can't help but smile.

I don't think I'd seen this video before either: Aeros v. Rampage late in the season. Two classic Hamilton "never give up on the puck" goals and a Kassian/Vandermeer fight (draw).

Man, I miss hockey.

2 comments:

hipcheck  August 5, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

I miss it too. But we are almost there. Doan's unofficial camp starts Monday! I am so going to be there.

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

Sooo not fair. You guys get early hockey, and rain. While I swelter up here in the hot, dry, hockeyless wasteland.

Thanks for posting those videos, I watched every one.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP