Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I suck at golf

Not even golf. Just hitting golf balls. But we went tonight anyway and I've gotten my swing back to normal before I started screwing with it and it was better.

My wrists hurt from our driveway hockey yesterday, and my abs are sore but that's about it for aches and pains. Funny how hockey has conditioned me to tolerate stewing in my own sweat. Before I started playing, the sweat dripping off me tonight would have driven me crazy. It was actually fairly mild but really humid. Shocker.

Anyway, that was today's workout. We're planning to walk around the park either tomorrow night or Thursday night, but I shredded my big toe on Monday night by not wearing socks in my running shoes to play driveway hockey. So 3 miles on that didn't sound good tonight.

I need to skate at some point, too, but it's looking like it's going to be difficult. Must check the public skate calendars and see if anybody's doing an evening one this week.

This was a really boring post. I'm even bored by it. Sorry about that.

3 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 13, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

Ha, at least I'm not alone. I can't even hit the ball off the tee without grabbing grass or missing the ball entirely.

Ms. Conduct  August 13, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Girl, I can't even tell you how many times I completely missed the ball last night. Dreadful. But my wrists are hurting and it hurts even worse than usual to hit the tee mat, so I think I was subconsciously pulling up a bit to avoid hitting the mat. I think I had about 4 good shots out of half a bucket of range balls. Ugh.

hipcheck  August 13, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

Awww man, I would love to go hit golf balls. I probably suck. I couldn't move my clubs when I moved down here then my parents forgot them last christmas when they drove down, so it's been 2.5 years since I've played! I don't want to buy new ones cuz I love my old ones!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP