Sunday, August 3, 2008

All's Quiet

I think since I spent nearly a month in sort of a blind panic about skating out, I fried the "hockey thought" part of my brain. I even got a new Goalie News that I'm only halfway through (normally I sit down and read it cover to cover), and I haven't watched any games on the NHL Network, etc.

Just needed to give my mind a rest from it between games and I think that's been good. Of course, it doesn't mean I'm not absolutely dying for the new season to start or jumping on every bit of news about my teams (of which there is nearly none).

But I do have a game tonight and I'm waffling between looking forward to it and dreading it. I'd say I'm more on the "dreading it" end of the spectrum. So I'll probably spend the day telling myself to put my ego aside and just have fun. And then listening to myself say, "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" back at myself. Stupid self.

Actually, I think I might do my easy yoga video just to calm down and limber up a bit. Maybe get a nap in this afternoon.

2 comments:

hipcheck  August 3, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Congrats on the left leg stopping! That is a good step and should help you out tonight.

If I were you, I'd keep busy so I wasn't thinking about the game tonight. But, I'm sure you will be fine!

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 3, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

I'd DEFINATELY do the yoga. And if I was still tense, I'd go through it again.

When your tense, it's much eaiser to get injured.

I'm sure you will do absolutly wonderful.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP