Monday, August 18, 2008

Prospect Watch 2008: Forward Wrap-Up

They did a pretty good job with the forwards who seem, at this point, to have a shot at going up. As I mentioned earlier today, the only oddball was Foster simply because he doesn't even play for the Wild organization any more. But I prefer an odd inclusion over an ugly omission.

I'm a little surprised that Morten "Marmaduke" Madsen wasn't included, but I think he's still finding his way, both in terms of the North American style of play and as a pro, and maybe isn't as highly regarded at the moment. We've got some very good centers coming into town this year, though, so hopefully these are guys he can learn from. I'd love for him to be learning under Mikko (a la Shep), though. Morty's a big, blonde, blue-eyed cutie who maybe doesn't score like you'd hope but also isn't a liability and has some potential, so I can't help but like him.

Tomorrow we move on to the defensive prospects.

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  August 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Madson is probably the one I'm hoping makes it the most. He's just got to break through and realize his potential.

Just as an aside, I'd sure like to make bookends out of him & Mikko. (sly grin)

Ms. Conduct  August 18, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

A Morty/Mikko sammich sounds mighty tasty, I have to agree.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP