Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What the deuce... Awe to Korea; Rosa in Houston for 08-09?

So, ya know, being a minor league team we get some guys who are sort of destined to be minor league journeymen. One of those guys for the Aeros, who I ended up really liking by the end of last season, was Jon Awe.

He's a big defenseman (see left for a demonstration of his big defensemanness) with a bone-shattering slap shot AND he's from MEMPHIS! I love that, though he's kind of an amped up dude.

So, I'm having my usual bout of insomnia, just bumming around on the net and I decide to Google him and see if there's any news of his plans for next season. What does Wiki tell me? Wiki tells me that Jon Awe now plays for the Anyang Halla in South Korea! (Annyong!)

Check it out! Even the NHL is aware of this!

Anyway, I'll miss his huge slapper, but I hope it's a great, rewarding opportunity for him. I'll have to keep an eye on him over there.

Next thing you know, I'll find out Marco Rosa is playing hockey on the goddamn moon...

ETA: Well, now that I've done some digging on Marco, this agency's site says he's signed with the Aeros for 08-09. Wouldn't that be great? (The answer is Yes.)

2 comments:

Anonymous  August 21, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

At least Awe did not join the Kokudo Bunnies.

www.twistedsock.co.uk/sakatakokudo93.jpg

Ms. Conduct  August 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

Oh, if ONLY! That's awesome.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP