Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quick Hits: Cal is killing me with his awesomeness; scary bus wreck; Aeros tonight

Russo reported a fantastic Cal story this morning in his blog:

I got a really nice email from a guy named Peter Olson, who’s on the staff of the Roseville boys’ hockey team.

“Between the second and third periods of the JV game [Tuesday], the boys got a special visitor. A very unassuming young man followed the coaches in the dressing room. The kids were looking, but not really staring at this gentleman. The head coach spoke up and introduced Cal Clutterbuck. The kids’ eyes widened, and smiles went ear-ear. By the way, the kids were lucky…they were gonna get a premeditated tongue lashing…so another reason for them to love Cal. He talked about how he was new to the area, and wanted to soak in some of this MN High School hockey everyone talks about. He talked a little about how hard he worked growing up, and how much he has come to love this area. He then wished the boys luck, and went next door to talk with the Varsity team. After the JV game, he sat with the team to watch the first period of the varsity game. … Just wanted to pass along just another reason why hockey players are the most down to earth and humble players.”

By the way, both the JV and varsity teams won.

Come on. If you don't love Cal by now, I can only assume you hate life. (And Aaron, THAT is the true test... not that silly Wild anthem.)

--------------

And on the other end of the spectrum, tell me your stomach doesn't turn a little when you hear about the Albany River Rats' (baby Hurricanes) bus turning over on the road at 3 a.m. today. More on it from Puck Daddy.

--------------

Aeros game tonight and I just submitted my PHN article to my editor there, so my prediction is that they're going to lose 5-0 and make me look like a jackass (not that I don't pretty much get that done all on my own on a regular basis) when the article comes out in the next couple of days. Every time I write an article indicating a sense of direction for the team, they do a 180. *sigh*

4 comments:

Jennifer Hammer  February 19, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Baby Hurricanes! I'm super busy today or else I would be freaking out right now.

BReynolds  February 19, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Alright... the anthem is not silly, and I'll fight you for saying so. ;-)
*Dropping gloves*

The bus story is horrific. I read it and was going to comment, but I got nothing. Scary.

As for Cal... I think this guy is going to go a long way in MN. He is doing everything right, playing hard, having fun, becoming part of the community, fans love him... which mean Riser is likely to dump him post haste.

Ms. Conduct  February 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Sorry man, I hate that anthem. And I'm not alone.

I'm a Riser-Hater for life if he ever sends Cal anywhere, disrespects him in any way, etc.

Anonymous  February 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

There you go with those negative vibes again Ms. C. I know you know that this team now knows what it takes to win. Our guys are going to play like champions tonight. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP