Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bourne for hockey

Hat tip to Jordan in Russoville for pointing this excellent article out. It sent chills down my spine. I love this kind of inside look at a hockey player's psyche, his life, even the bad stuff, the inner struggles with loving the game and hating the lifestyle and all that.

What's more... a hockey player who finds catharsis through writing? Someone who appreciates a good penalty kill AND the value of the serial comma? Sign me up.

Anyway, go read it. And best wishes to Justin. Hopefully hockey can breathe in his ear occasionally while still having the day-to-day life he wants.

2 comments:

Fred Trask  February 17, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

This is in the running for "Best Quote Ever" in my book.

"Sitting on a chartered jet with Bill Guerin and eating a steak made me feel like I was at “Bring Your Kid to Work” day. It was surreal."

BReynolds  February 17, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Oh hell yes. I don't know what a serial comma is, but this guy can write.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP