Thursday, February 19, 2009

Updated: More Quick Hits: PHN article; awesome article on Cal

Well, it appears my PHN article got published to the site just before Lammers put the game winner in the net, so thanks to Lou at ProHockeyNews.com for banging it out just in time and making sure the fates weren't affected by my dateline.

Anyway, here's the latest.

More on the game tomorrow. I'm tired tonight.

-------------------------

Great article on Cal from a Calgary writer. One of the best I've seen. Really well written and gets into Cal's thought processes around his agitation.

-------------------------
UPDATE:
Less awesome article on Cal but a quote from Boogie, which makes it worthwhile. And how did I find out about this article? Because Wysh is the best damn hockey blogger ever and put this in his headlines this morning:

Minnesota Wild Calder Candidate Cal Clutterbuck laughs at your feeble attempts to ridicule him: "They make fun of my last name, which is totally unoriginal. Don Cherry beat them to the punch." [Sun Media]
BOOYAH!

13 comments:

BReynolds  February 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

I just got home from work... saw the Cal article in my google reader. I'm with you. Best I've read so far. The others have been so straight forward. This one had some humor, some personality. Rather fitting for the topic, I think...

Going to go read your PHN article now.

BReynolds  February 19, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

OK. First question. Is Las Vegas the main ECHL affiliate? Is there a main affiliate, or is it just all over the place?

Alright, turns out it's the only question. Excellent article, as always.

Ms. Conduct  February 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

Thanks B! I'm not sure why we've had a couple of guys from Vegas, but they've both been pretty good. But no, no ECHL affiliation this season. They're coming from all over.

walkinvisible  February 20, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

i think vegas is technically infant flamesville, but i could be wrong...

that article IS money.

nice game last night. tough points. even tougher losses (brunette/bourque). yikes...

Ms. Conduct  February 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Thought you might be pissed that Cal took out Gio... I was watching the game on the slingbox between breaks in the Aeros game and saw him get jacked up and went, "Uh oh."

And yeah, Vegas is the Flames ECHL affiliate. We're campaigning to keep Beaudoin next year. But Mike Hamilton was good, too, and is now with Chicago. Good scouting there in Vegas.

BReynolds  February 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

I was just going to send you an email asking you if you saw the AM headlines...

I love Wysh... good guy.

My dentist was an hour and a half behind schedule this AM, so my 9:45 appointment got me home at 12:15. 15 minutes AFTER practice started... so... another chance blown.

I'm starting to think this isn't meant to be.

Ugh.

Ms. Conduct  February 20, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Dude. I totally would have told the dentist to FOAD at about 10:30. Priorities...

BReynolds  February 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Thought about it, believe me. I don't have the extra $50 to pay for the canceled appt. Arg. Next week I guess.

Have you seen video of the hit Fristche put on Borque? I want to see it...

Ms. Conduct  February 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

No, I haven't seen it. BORK BORK BORK!

Ms. Conduct  February 20, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Ahh, you wouldn't have me any other way, baby!

walkinvisible  February 22, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

Thought you might be pissed that Cal took out Gio..

i wasn't at the time (i didn't watch the game) but now that gio's out with an "upper body" injury, i'm probably back to seeing clutterbuck for who he is: my nemesis.

if you saw the hit, what do you figure gio's ailment might be ??

Ms. Conduct  February 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Shoulder or back, I'd wager. Looked like he crunched him kinda sideways (Gio was shoulder-to-the-glass). It was a clean hit but maybe caught Gio a little awkward.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP