Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When you can count the snowflakes...

it's not really snowing, per se. But by god, I'll take it. It's been nearly two years since I saw falling snow. I enjoyed my 10-20 flakes very much, thank you. Might have enjoyed more, but I didn't have shoes or socks on and the slate on our back porch was mighty cold on my feet.

Anyway, if that isn't a sign of hockey weather in Houston, I dunno what is. Fortunately, the ground/roads are still warm enough I don't need to freak out about driving to and from the Aeros game against the Rochester Americans tonight. But the bitchy part of me (which I think we all know pretty much rules me) is happy that the Americans aren't getting easy-going flip-flop weather during their stay.

Strangely, the last time I saw falling snow, I also had bronchitis. Suppose my respiratory system has some kind of sixth sense about when it's going to snow?

2 comments:

tami  December 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

I wanna see pics of the snow angel that you make.

Ms. Conduct  December 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

It would be more of a water/sleet angel. So, you can want it all you want... ;)

However, I did discover that since I quit walking all the time, my feet now fit back into my fabulous pointy boots that I bought ages ago in NY and only wore once and had to take them off and walk home on the Upper East Side in my sock feet. (Sheala was there!)

Been so long since I wore heels, though, I'm quite sure I'll break my ankle within the first couple of wearings.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP