Monday, December 15, 2008

A little holiday break from hockey blogging

A couple of my pals who aren't obsessed with hockey did their versions of this today. I'm a sucker for an opportunity to talk about myself even more than I already do, so here goes. What are the odds I don't mention hockey somewhere in here? Yeah, pretty bad.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate. In fact, I just made some from scratch tonight. Oh, man that was good. But didn't cure my headache. Dammit.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa isn't real.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. Germs!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
We did them early this year, around mid-November. It's just a tree though. I'm not a fan of themey stuff all over my house. If you need reminding that it's Christmas, the tree will have to suffice.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Gravy. Okay, maybe dressing, too. Starches. Love the starch.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I loved going to this old man's house who did all this crazy decorating every year and let people tour it. It's long gone but I always enjoyed that. It was a delightful bit of weirdness in a sea of mediocrity.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't ever remember believing in Santa, to tell the truth.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Nope. Christmas Eve is for eating. Christmas is for presents.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It's pre-lit so I just hang a few ornaments. We don't have many because I'm just not one to spend money on that sort of thing. The topper is an Aeros Santa cap though. That's my favorite part.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love to watch it fall. I do not like it impeding my driving. Don't really have to worry about it here though, usually.

12. Can you ice skate?
If hockey skates count, yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My first normal car (i.e. that wasn't a clunker hand-me-down from grandma)

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family, kind of taking a break from the ordinary to do special things.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I haven't met one yet that I didn't like. Well... I'm not crazy about fruitcake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Putting the tree up.

17. What tops your tree?
Aeros Santa cap. Pay attention.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Um... Oh gifts! I like giving when I KNOW the person will like what I got them. I hate it when I'm not sure. I always like receiving. Always.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Not crazy about Christmas music. Geez. I'm really not as bitchy as I'm sounding here. I don't actively dislike it, but most of it's overplayed, too sentimental, too corny, etc. Just not my bag, baby.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Meh. Good for stirring the hot chocolate but peppermint is usually reserved for sore throats in my world.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
Already got it. Goalie gear.

If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  December 17, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

I'm SO robbing this.

I'm a HUGE Sucker for this kind of thing!!!

hipcheck  December 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

haha, I love surveys. I will so do this!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP