Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'

Well, I started watching the Aeros game but had to tend to a perfectly prepared steak (thanks Mr. C!) and potatoes and whatnot. At one point came back to my computer to see one of the Hogs going off for fighting, at which point I realized I was just missing too much, so I'll watch the archive tomorrow.

But I did watch the box score and saw that Rosy got the game winner again, and the boys held a one goal lead alllll through the third, with only one penalty. I'm starting to feel a bit spoiled and I like it.

What feels really good about this two game series is giving it back to the team that took the Aeros out of the playoffs last year. Nothing like going into their barn and taking 3 points away from them. Happy Holidays! Sincerely, The Aeros

---------
Meanwhile, in St Louis... I get the feeling that Carlo Colaiacovo isn't too fond of his brother in C-squaredness. I guess Cal kinda got under his skin and the elder CC jumped the younger CC 47 seconds into his shift. Douchebag move if you ask Mama Conduct. Sorry you don't like being hit. Try looking up every once in awhile.

So, Cal kinda got his ass handed to him in that fight, which pained me to watch, but he's a big boy and came back and kept hitting like nothing happened. But then Cam Janssen ran Cal into the benches so hard Cal's lid popped off, then Cal pops up and guns for Carlo, who had the puck, and gave him a love tap into the boards, bare head and all.

Carlo turned around and jumped on Cal's back and was trying to slam his face into the ice, and when he couldn't do that, started punching him in the face from behind.

He reminded me of Raphie from A Christmas Story when he finally had it up to here with Scut Farkus picking on him and just snapped and beat the snot out him.

Of course, none of that nonsense worked in the Wild's favor because their PP sucks. Whatever. Done with that. Couple of days to regroup before the Hurricanes hit St. Paul.

6 comments:

hollcan  December 21, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Horrible face-off stats with 10 wins out of 36. Don't think KC will find that very positive and certainly not at par with the top teams if we're planning on doing anything in the play-offs.

Ms. Conduct  December 21, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

Thanks for pointing that out. Though my gut feeling is that I'll leave that for KC to worry about/drill on. I'm just happy to get the W, especially with the way the Wild are stinking it up. Gotta take the sunshine where I can get it.

hipcheck  December 21, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Wow, that was low what that dude did.

Now I hope when the Blues come to Phoenix, Carcillo kicks his ass.

Ms. Conduct  December 21, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

I agree, Hip. In fact, I'm okay with Fridge holding him down while Carcillo beats him. Okay, not really. That's just as uncool, but still. What a dingleberry.

Though as much as your team hates Cal, they'll probably sit him down and give him a foot massage and feed him grapes for beating him up for them.

Anonymous  December 27, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

It wasn't CC that hit clutterbuck into the boards to knock his helmet off...it was cam janssen....clutterbuck got rocked and went flying down the ice to find the person with the puck...it happened to be carlo and carlo didnt like that......clutterbuck won that overall battle even if he lost the fight.

Ms. Conduct  December 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

You're right! I like my story better but yours is correct. I'll fix my recounting.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP