Thursday, December 18, 2008

Go to bed. We'll talk about it tomorrow.

I watched the Wild game solo tonight, instead of trying to watch it AND the Aeros game online, so I'll watch the archive of the game tomorrow. I know the outcome. And my only thought is that if I need to ship the scoring sticks up to Illinois, just holler.

I'll put them in the car and drive them there myself if I need to.

I'll sprinkle them with magic goal scoring dust made from Groin of Gaborik and Kolanos Hair Trimmings mixed with Sweat of Backstrom. (ETA: It occurs to me after the fact that this would make a paste rather than a dust. I'm not sure how I feel about that.)

I'll get my silver Sharpie and write little motivational phrases on the sticks, like, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SHOOOT!" (What? That's not motivational?)

Whatever needs to happen, let's just get it done.

2 comments:

Anonymous  December 18, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Eleven various views from some motivators and the motivated:

1. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

2. I don't know anything, I never did know anything, and now I know that I don't know, all on a Christmas morning.

3. Brethen, we must go amongst 'em!

4. Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be.

5. If you knew how much work went into it, you wouldn't call it genius.

6. I will motivate you Private Pyle if it short dicks every cannibal on the Congo.

7. This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

8. You're all worthless! Drop and give me twenty!

9. You already know this but this is the most important game of your lives, no excuses do the work.

10. Good love is hard to find. Good love is hard to find. You got lucky babe. You got lucky babe, when I found you.

11. And even if we win, if we win, Hah! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points His hand at our side of the field; even if every man, woman, and child hold hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or lose. It just doesn't matter.

Ms. Conduct  December 18, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

WOW! Bravo! I'm gonna need a second Sharpie!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP