Monday, December 8, 2008

Sunday night

Novice hockey was fun tonight, in spite of a couple of things that pissed me off. But I tried to play a slightly less sissified game so Scott TCG wouldn't have as much to yell at me aboot. ;)

One of my linemates, and I've bitched about him before, doesn't seem to understand that this is a developmental league and swooped in to steal the puck from me on a nice opportunity for me to a) move the puck up the ice on my own which I don't get often and I like to do because it makes me feel like a hockey player, and b) if he'd just positioned himself nicely, I'd have passed it to him. I'll always go for the high percentage option if I can find it. And the high percentage option around the net certainly isn't me.

Anyway, my ass was chapped a bit after that (only a minute or so left in the game) and I did the uncool teammate thing and just kinda let him hang himself when he was fighting for the puck. If you want to be Mr. Macho Hockey Man, you're not getting any help from me when you need it. *middle finger*

Okay. I feel better.

Oh! And I finally got a good poke check on Joe, who is the red team's coach and the bane of my existance. I've been on a mission to beat him for a couple of months now and finally did it. It was as awesome as I thought it would be.

I definitely play better when it's only once a week. I just have trouble working up the fire in the belly necessary to play more than that... at least with any guts. But knowing that I'll get to play goal soon motivates me. It made me a little sad to leave my goalie gear at home tonight. It called to me from its tidy little pile in the office as I was walking out the door, "Take us! We wanna play hockey, eh! This carpet is itchy! We need some ice!" But alas, Müller and Co. stayed home.

Though I did almost take a puck in the cage when a shot down the boards went right past me into the bench. Whoa Nelly, did I ever flinch! Heh.

Anyway, I think my teammate, Michelle, and I are gonna hit a stick and puck this week so she can get some practice shooting and I can get some practice flopping. Hopefully we can do that a few times during December so I can get used to things and won't be blindsided by any unexpected craziness either with my gear or my play. Rock on.

*Note to self: Call tomorrow to see if pro shop has suspenders in stock.* ETA: The answer is yes. Bueno!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP