Monday, December 15, 2008

Super Bowl Bound!

I haven't reported on my fantasy teams lately because even I'm bored by the level of suckitude going on. Lost in all 3 of my hockey leagues this week. Suck!

However, I am delighted to report that I am going to the Super Bowl in my fantasy football league! Nearly everyone on my team overachieved by at least a little this week, though Vincent Jackson from San Diego doubled his projected points. Woot! Go Chargers!

I've looked at my opponent's roster for the big game this week and it is freaking stacked. I'd bet against me if I were you...

--------------------

Also, just a quick reminder to go vote for the boys in the AHL All Star Game balloting. I decided not to reveal my vote after all. Didn't seem right. But I will say that I gave some sway to guys who are likely in their last year here and have not been to an ASG and have been team leaders during their time here.

And I'll also say, my Canadian goalie was Brusty. I know. Knock you over with a feather. But Nolan went last year and Brust finished last year so strong and seems to have basically won the #1 job here to start the season. I like his chances. Plus, he seems to really hate being in the spotlight and I enjoy watching him squirm a bit. ;)

9 comments:

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 15, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

I thought my football roster was stacked too. Leading receiver (at least in terms of catches), best receiver in the league, and Walter, who's among the league leaders in touchdowns (though he's got a hot/cold week going almost to the letter; one week he's hot, one week he's not, and this was his off-week) but they all combined to score about 12 points.

So the point is, no one knows how these things will turn out, not even the paid so-called experts.

Fortunately I didn't care as much about this league, because if I won no one else would know because I don't plan on using that Yahoo ID again. :)

P.S. I'd just like to add my word verification word was remarkably similar to a female body part of an intimate nature.

P.P.S. Sorry about that beatdown in the bloggers league.

Ms. Conduct  December 15, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Well, yeah, I've expected to get smashed every week and I keep winning, so I'm just gonna keep up the cluelessness. :)

And yeah, I'm sure you're SO sorry... ;)

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Well, more sorry than when I beat Buddha. :D

Of course, everyone beats Buddha, so it's not like that's anything special.

(Burn!)

(Sorry man, couldn't resist. You'll get me back in the roto league though.)

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 16, 2008 at 12:51 AM  

I am totally drunka and would just like to say brian westbrook can totaly go to the place that's not heaven. Dude, I didn't even need a good game from you, just a decent game and you couldn't deliver even that. You suck.

Ms. Conduct  December 16, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

LOL I haven't had a drunk comment in a while! Nice work, Kev!

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 16, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

The best part is I ended up winning both games I was bitching about Westbrook for. In one, I just needed Cleveland to not score again (they didn't, so I won by about 3.7 points), in the other I was tied and had no clue what the tiebreaker was, but I guess it was regular season points scored, in which case I creamed my opponent, so I won that one too. I was down by six going into Monday night and Westbrook was the only guy left for either side. Seven points and I would've won but he only got me six. But it proved to be just enough.

My week 10 wrapup was written drunk too but I managed to be sober enough to mostly make it a normal one. I think.

Ms. Conduct  December 16, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Glad it worked out for you. I need to go read this week's recap. :)

KiPA - Kevin in PA  December 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

Enjoy because I don't know how much longer I'm keeping that up.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP