Thursday, December 4, 2008

Aeros v. Manitoba Moose - Game 23

I have to say, it feels a bit empty having hockey during the day. Normally, I spend all day getting excited for the game, and then I go and it's either awesome or devastating, and then I come home, write a bit and then go to bed.

But today, I'm left with many hours of dull after this game. In fact, I have housework to do, which is an extra buzzkill. Plus, no Wild game tonight, so no more hockey to look forward to. It's just rather anti-climactic.

Anyway, onward.

I don't really see how the team can keep sending Jason Deitsch back to the CHL. The dude got a goal in his first game back up and Constantine even saw fit to put him in the shootout. But hey, smarter people than me are in charge of that stuff, so whatever.

The Aeros lost the first 2.5 periods by a mile. It wasn't for not trying, but the Moose defense was stifling. Shots on goal were 10-21 in favor of Manitoba halfway through the third period, as the Aeros just couldn't seem to spend any time in the Manitoba zone. But something told them that they could come back from 2-0, and they did it in the last 7 minutes of regulation. Dietsch potted his goal on the power play and then Locker got the second with Brust pulled from his net and an extra man on.

Noteables:

  • Brust had some incredible saves that kept the team in it when they really shouldn't have been. His glove hand was just on fire. But he's still struggling in one-on-one situations. One of the Manitoba goals was on a breakaway and he let in 3 of 5 in the shootout.
  • Tuesday night, Constantine said the problem with this team is in the room; it's a leadership problem. When asked if that meant a possible captaincy change, he said, no, it's the whole team. But today, there were changes: Stoner took the C from Lundbohm, who's out with a groin injury; and the As were given to Locke and Kolanos. Maybe I shouldn't be very surprised by those last two decisions but I was.
  • Two fights in the game, both involving Love. Wish someone else had gone with FitzGerald. Scotty did such a number on that guy last year. It was a joy to watch.
  • I'm sure there's more but I've been writing this post for two hours and I'm tired of looking at it, so let's just hit the scratches and wrap it up: M. Hamilton, R. Hamilton, Lundbohm, and Falk. I mistakenly told someone Rogers was a scratch because that's what I had in my notes, but he was in.
Photos from Fred. Chron from Andrew.

1 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  December 7, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Man I feel you on the hockey during the day thing.

Honestly, I hate it. fouls up the whole day. Nothing to do all the rest of the day. Boring...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP