Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday hockey

I haven't watched the Wild or the Aeros games, other than the highlight of Cal's sweet breakaway goal. Sweet fancy Moses, I love that kid. Love Love Love. And I see that the Aeros won in the shootout. That's a bonus. I'll watch that tomorrow.

I was, instead, off playing my own hockey game. A few good things happened:

  1. I finally got to the pro shop while they were open and bought suspenders for my goalie pants.
  2. I had a great shot block with my skate that would have made me proud... if I'd been playing goal or if the shot I blocked hadn't been my own teammate's shot on goal. Ugh.
  3. The game eventually ended and our team won. Not that I had anything to do with it.
  4. While we were playing, the girl's locker room was taken over by the Houston Wild hockey team, which appeared to be 16+ year olds. When we got off the ice and had to go in to get our stuff out of "their" room, they were still getting dressed.

    Merry Christmas to me. I've never gathered my gear so slowly in my life.
Beyond that, it was one of the worst games I've played since I started. I hated nearly every minute of it and feel like I did almost nothing well. Not even a hockey high after. Just a headache and a bad mood and stinky hands.

And hear this, bitches:

If one more person says, "You almost had that shot there!" or "Oh, you came close there!" I'm going to break my stick over their nuts. Honest to god, I'm sick to death of hearing that. Yeah, look, I ALWAYS almost get it. I'm just gonna get ALMOST put on the back of my jersey. Fuck it.

ETA: Woke up at 4 a.m. tossing the game around in my head. At least some of the things I did right are starting to come back to me. But I still couldn't get back to sleep.

I think what I really need is a haircut to freshen my perspective a bit. Is that the most girl thing I've ever said (other than the cougary commentary in #4 above)? Never mind. Don't answer that.

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  December 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

OMG!!!!! in re: #4!!!!!!

You lucky kitty you.

Ms. Conduct  December 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

I know, right? If I were just a hair more brazen, I would have just stood there in the room and waited for them to finish dressing in some sort of feminist defiance. ;)

Life_As_A_Redhead  December 31, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

I don't know how I wouldn't have stared!!!

Ms. Conduct  December 31, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

I'm so glad I still had my helmet on. Though I admit I saw one rippling bicep as I was walking in the door and taking in the scene and said, "Well! Hellooo boys!" Though Scott TCG tells me the guys on our teams were all giving them hell for taking over our room and thought we'd be mad. Maybe the other gals were but it was the highlight of my miserable night.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP