Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blanket Aeros Coverage and other stuff

Didn't want this to get lost in last night's game post but John Royal, the Houston Press Aeros writer, had some extra thoughts on the team that are worth heading over to read.

-------------------------

Meanwhile, I've spent half the day shopping for our nieces and nephews for Christmas. Honest to Buddha, if someone had come to me in the Target toy department with a razor blade, I might be writing to you with bandages on my wrists right now. I don't do kids, I don't do toys, I don't do toys for kids I see maybe once every 5 years. But I did them all anyway. Hope they like 'em.

I really wanted to get the oldest nephew (one of a handful of children I actually like and kinda miss, not having seen him for a couple of years) a little hockey set, but the ones that are reasonable to ship are cheap crap. Plus, that's clearly an agenda on my part. I don't even know if he's ever seen hockey. But I figure finding it fun to use a stick to hit a ball into a net doesn't require a love of hockey. Just an excess of energy and love of sports, and he's got that.

------------------

Wild are suck-minus right now. Thanks to my hockey spirits being buoyed by the Aeros recent success, I'm watching with sort of interested detachment. I can't be bothered with the emotional drama. Either they'll get it sorted out or they won't. The sun will still come up tomorrow.

-------------------

Late hockey game tonight. I'm guessing it's going to be pretty sparsely attended since it's the last game of the season and it's not until 10:05. Wish I were playing goal. Scott TCG won't even be there so I bet we're playing against cones on both ends. Bleh. Coach Stalin won't be there either, since she, her DH, and Mr. C are going to AC/DC tonight. I could have gone but I'm just not a huge concert person. I'm sure they'll have a great time though.

3 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  December 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

Ha, I hate shopping "period".

I don't care, if it's for kids, adults or my self. I would happily pay someone else to do it if I was rich enough.

John Royal  December 14, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Hey, Ms. C., you should've told me. I would've let you have that teddy bear that hit our table last night.

Ms. Conduct  December 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Ah, I think I've given the one that might like a bear a bear for the last 3 years... :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP