Monday, December 1, 2008

Meanwhile, in Ms.Conductland... some quick hits

It was a busy, busy hockey weekend. From the Aeros game Friday night, to playing Saturday, and then the Aeros game yesterday and jetting right to novice league last night for another 2.5 hours of ice time, I'm spent.

I don't think we used the full time we had, but I'm telling you, I was so tired, I was having trouble getting over the boards for my shifts. We were down to 5 forwards for the last period of the game. So there was much double-shifting and it was a tough haul. Plus, this cough I've had for nearly 3 weeks was made worse from the effort and lack of Robitussin (which I have to take every 4 hours on the dot or I start coughing like my lungs are evacuating my body).

By the time I got home, I was so drained and tired and headachy from the coughing, I didn't even get my gear out of the car. Just took drugs and died for 4 hours until it was time for more drugs.

Needless to say, my gams are tired and I think today's workout will be a nice, centering yoga DVD. Loosen up and zone out for a while.

-----------------------------
Seems as though my dear Cal was scratched to teach him a lesson. I guess the lesson is that 110% isn't enough. Hmph. And he's scratched again tonight in favor of Craig Weller, who admittedly stole the show against Nashville last Saturday, but... he's not mine. So I'm a little put out about the whole thing, even though I trust Lemaire to pull the right strings with his players to get the most out of them.

Also, Mikko was stripped of his C. Now, if he were just stripped, I wouldn't have any gripe at all. But with clothes on, I liked that C on his big, strapping chest. In fact, I think he should have worn the C all the time. Like Laverne.

But apparently I'm redonkulous for wishing him to keep the C. Ah, bite me, hosers.

--------------------

Scott TCG is frighteningly excited about torturing me goalie-style. Says I'm gonna hate him and say terrible things about him here. More likely, I'm gonna say terrible things right to his grinning face and nice things here, when I'm not loaded down with 50 lbs of gear and sweating and wallowing on the ice.

--------------------

Apparently it is Happy Hockey Talk Day. I think that's a fine idea. But I'm tres grumpy today so I may have to wait to celebrate until next year. Of course, almost all hockey talk is happy in my world. It's hockey after all.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP