Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stick Swap

Had some time to research Eric a bit (the stick, not Lindros) and it seems there's a configuration with a similar blade, more flex, and better lie, which is really more on target with what I wanted. That would make it absolutely perfect. So, I'll call in the morning and see if the pro shop can order me one and let me swap them out or just return this one and order the one I want. Ice Warehouse has a good price and reasonable shipping.

What did I do to myself yesterday? My hip joints are SO sore! Gonna assume this means I was doing something right. I usually take soreness in new places as a sign of progress.

So, my mission for this week includes watching some of my recorded Aeros games and keeping an eye on what the wings are doing. Since the games on NHL Network are not "my" teams, I'm having trouble keeping tack of who's playing what position. And I also need to work on stopping on my left, which means lots of time spent standing around on my right foot with my left foot stuck out sideways in front of me.

My gear gets here on Wednesday, but knowing UPS, probably not until early evening, so the stick and puck in Clear Lake that night isn't an option. I'll have to coordinate with Coach to find another one that works. Seems like there are quite a few to choose from in the summer. Without the high school teams playing and practicing, ice time seems a little easier to come by.

Meanwhile, tonight's agenda is yoga to try and work out this soreness.

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

You are correct. Soreness in new places usually means you are getting somthing right.

Be carefuly to try to keep the soreness out of the actual joint. You should experience soreness in the muscles, not the actual joints. If it's in the joints, you need to consentrate on contracting the muscle, not letting the joint support the weight/stress.

Hope this helps.

Ms. Conduct  July 14, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Yeah, it was really more the muscles around the hip, but usually it's my butt or hamstrings or groin or whatever that's sore. Big muscles. But whatever I did was working the little muscles around the hip. Feels fine today though. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP