Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Applesauce anyone?

Man, I love the minors. The Ducks announced that their new AHL team in Iowa will be the:



BWAHAHAHA!!!

The big question is how to get a big jar of applesauce into the games against these guys. I'm hitting up my ticket rep to see if he'll smuggle it in to the Toyota Center for me. Wish me luck.

Also, this is "Pig Team #2" in the AHL, as we already had the Ice Hogs. What the hell? 29 teams and we gotta have two piggy ones, and in the same division? Lovely.

******************

Had Coach and Mr. Stalin over for hotdish last night. After dinner, we sat at my dining table (which conveniently has two end pieces and a leaf insert that serves as a neutral zone) with salt and pepper shakers for defensemen, and a cordless phone, a glass, and a diet Mountain Dew can for forwards. She walked me through some basic positioning and decision making, and I'm feeling a bit more informed and a bit less anxious.

I still haven't ordered my gear but I've got my list all set. Just need to get final approval from the CFO. I'll try out gloves and sticks at the pro shop when we go skating Saturday.

Supposed to hit spinning tonight. I'm debating it though. My back is feeling better today and I really don't want to aggravate it. I'm thinking I will do yoga instead. Would probably be good for my mental health, too.

8 comments:

Anonymous  July 10, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

Hi, Ms. Conduct:

Found your blog through the New York Times Slapshot blog.

Two teams with the same name in the same division? That's almost as bad as when the Canadian Football League had the Ottawa Rough Riders in the Eastern Conference and the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the Western Conference ... in a nine-team league. How dorky is that?!? Ottawa folded a few years ago, then got an expansion team called the Renegades that folded. Now Ottawa's supposed to get another team, maybe even called the Rough Riders. Hmmm ...

Garey

Ms. Conduct  July 10, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

Hi Garey... When I got married, I inherited this terrific framed poster of all the CFL teams from back when there were both Roughriders AND a team in Shreveport, of all places. Mr. Conduct is a huge Sask fan! But yeah, 9 teams, 2 Roughriders... excessive, eh?

Ms. Conduct  July 10, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

And yeah, we're both native Texans. Go figure that he loves Canadian football and I'm an hockey fanatic.

Anonymous  July 10, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Ms. Conduct...

Found your BLOG through the NYTimes via Icethetics. I love the tone of it and anyone who loves hockey and promotes it is OK in my books!

I thought that you might be interested in my BLOG as well.

Its focused on my artwork BUT, I think you'd enjoy my Sports Editorial cartoons (OFFSIDE SPORTS and StraightJAB). OFFSIDE SPORTS is primarily focused on the NHL and StraightJAB is primarily focused on Vancouver, BC based sports happenings.

Check it out here:

www.comoxvalleyart.wordpress.com

tami  July 10, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Hey, that's J's favorite meal. Iowa Chops, I mean. Some sort of extra thick pork chop, as far as I can tell.

Ms. Conduct  July 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Oh, I've seen your cartoons. We have several Nucks fans who prefer the Wild message board to CDC and have posted them occasionally. I'm there!

Anonymous  July 11, 2008 at 1:24 AM  

Ms. Conduct...

Collio, glad you like em. Good luck with the season... sorry about Demitra by the way. We'll see how he makes out with the 'Nucks.

Ms. Conduct  July 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Oh honey, *I'm* not sorry about Demo! Y'all have at him.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP