Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Skate & New Stick!

Had my first skate with Coach Stalin since I decided to skate out. We did our usual stuff, added on some hard core crossover work, including finally turning left! Also worked on lightning and she gave me tips on cheating because I'm not nearly fast enough and I can't stop on my left side.

Also worked on doing turns with a small radius (to help with not being able to stop on my left). It was a bit of a clusterfuck on my part but I don't feel too discouraged. Everybunny starts somewhere, eh?

Finally, we skated through some game-time positioning, which was pretty fun. My inability to think under pressure is going to be my Achilles heel.

And before we left, we spent a good bit of time in the pro shop picking out a stick for me. Ended up selecting a Nike/Bauer Vapor XII with the Lindros blade. It's got burnt orange and it's fairly pretty, though it also felt good, so I'm happy.

Say Hi to Eric:

2 comments:

hipcheck  July 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

Ohhhh I like the stick!

Lindros is the player that got me hooked on hockey back in the late 90s.

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 13, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Congrads, on a sucsessful practice.

Chosing one's equipment, is a very personal thing. It's great that you were able to find somthing that you felt comfortable with and didn't have to search around very much.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP