Monday, July 21, 2008

Doing better; ESPYS

Okay, so I still sucked at the skating clinic, though it was all revolving around the fact that I suck at stopping on my right leg and can't stop at all on my left. Ugh. Other than that, it was fine. Didn't feel like I got a ton out of it, other than just kinda having to get over myself a little bit, but that's probably worth it.

Or maybe I'm just too tired to care right now.

After I got home and scrubbed the accumulated stink off my person, I tuned into the ESPYS. I have to say, Justin Timberlake and Will Ferrell & Co. made it pretty entertaining, but as a hockey fan, it made me want to shoot the TV. Come on, how do you NOT give Rick Nash the best play? Or Red Wings the best team? They dominated all season!

And I'll give you one guesses as to who from this list won best NHL player (at least they had a category):

Best NHL Player
Jarome Iginla, Calgary Flames
Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins
Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings
--->Sidney "The only name I recognize, so he must be good" Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins<---

One guesses!

Ugh. ESPN sucks. Hosers.

3 comments:

hipcheck  July 21, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

I didn't bother watching. All I heard leading up to it was about every other sport being represented but not hockey.

Ms. Conduct  July 21, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Yeah, I certainly didn't go out of my way to watch it but it was 12:30 a.m. and nothing else was on. Like I said, if I weren't a hockey fan to the exclusion of most other sports, it was actually a pretty good show. Lots of funny stuff. Who knew JT was so versatile? But sheesh. Talk about under representing a sport.

hipcheck  July 21, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

They are probably like, we don't show hockey on our channel so no one that watches us knows hockey. Or something lame like that.

I did hear JT did a really good job hosting.

I enjoy baseball and basketball but not to the extent of my hockey obsession. I've actually really gotten into baseball lately, but just because I like the dbacks. I could care less about players on other teams.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP