Monday, July 21, 2008

Attention Whore

I've had a few blogs through the years as various obsessions have wafted through my life and I've always set up a Sitemeter account for them to see what kind of traffic my blog gets and where it's coming from. It's a bit self-indulgent but then so is the presumption that my daily trivialities are worth the bits and bytes they're taking up here on the interwebz. I'm all about self-indulgence, babes.

Anyway, I always find it interesting to see where traffic is coming from, and if it's coming from web searches, what people were searching for. The one I got today ("ESPYS sucked!") amused me enough that I decided to add a little section to my layout (bottom of the right-side column) where I can add the more interesting searches that people have used to get here.

Beyond that I'd like to say thanks for stopping by to anyone who does and bothers to read and doesn't laugh at me behind my back. I'm sensitive, okay? Particularly the surprising Finnish contingent. Päivää, y'all! Say hey to Mikko for me, will ya? And tell Backs to fix his shootout problem.

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Don't let anyone hurt your feelings, I love your blog.

I personally use my blog to vent/rant, I think that's what is pretty much universally accepted.

Ms. Conduct  July 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Oh no, I'm mostly joking. I mean, I AM sensitive but nobody's ever been negative toward me in the comments or anything.

Though I used to have a "reader blog" about gardening for the Houston Chronicle and used a title for one post that I guess led some idiot astray regarding what the post was about and they commented, "u bitches. I thought this was about [whatever; I don't remember the details]"

I thought that was pretty funny. u bitches. I use that all the time now.

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

That is funny. I'll have to start using it myself.

hipcheck  July 22, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

I have someone that tries to hurt my feelings on my blog. I know who it is, and I just ignore it. I don't respond and don't delete the comments because I know that's what they want me to do. They even use names of my friends to try and trick me. They have left me alone recently, maybe they have finally grown up and gotten over the fact that I don't like them.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP