Thursday, July 3, 2008

Skating THURSDAY!

Yep. Took the day off from work and thought maybe I'd get lucky and the rink would be empty. WRONG. I pull up and there are TWO school buses out front. Sweet Jeezus.

I couldn't do a whole lot. It was pure obstacle course out there. So I worked on crossovers quite a bit, the usual swizzle nonsense, a smidge of stopping at the end after they cut the ice and all the kids hadn't returned. No backwards, which is what I really need to be working on. Hopefully I can hit that hard on Sunday.

Never the less, it actually was a good strong skate. It was a bit more of a workout due to the literal non-stop dodging of children. My upper back is talking to me and man, my legs are SORE between spinning last night (and not stretching properly) and then skating today. Legs are feeling strong though. Feels great.

Sun and fun and beer tomorrow. Yay America!

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

I have found that streching properly is most important, and in my opinion, always worth the time. Personaly, I skimp on somthing else if I'm short of time.

I hope that you're enjoying your 4th of July.

Ms. Conduct  July 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Yeah, I got some very stern looks from Coach Stalin today when I complained about my aching quad. Doh!

Spent the day on the lake with the goalie from Coach's league... got big news!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP