Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gear

My gear finally arrived yesterday. Not in time to go to stick and puck, so I went to spinning (and half-assed it worse than I ever have... did the speed work but none of the hill work... I was a bit underhydrated and I got a headache pretty early on and knew I'd be going home to try on my gear, so I figured if I could just get a decent cardio workout, that was good enough).

Anyway, come home to a giant box of gear left by Brown Santa. It's a little alarming when the box made me grunt to pick it up, considering everything in it is stuff I'll be wearing all at once. Doh!

I tried everything on and was pretty surprised to find that everything fit, and fit pretty nicely. I especially like the shoulder pads, which are made for women, so there's space for my boobs (even if said space is higher than where my actual boobs are... a new sports bra is in order, I guess... or plastic surgery), and the pants are really nice. Loads of padding but very comfortable and easy to move in. The hip padding especially makes me happy. It's like having an exoskeleton!

The only thing I really didn't like wearing was the elbow pads. I don't like having something strapped to my arms like that. But I don't really know how they could be any better. I'm sure the first time I land on an elbow, I'll be grateful for them.

My favorite part is that my CSKA (Russian) Ms. Conduct jersey fits over my gear, so I can use it as a practice jersey!

Overall, I'm happy with my set-up. My stick is coming today and I think we're going to try and go to the stick and puck at Space City Ice tomorrow and then maybe the one on Saturday at SLICE.

Then I'm thinking I'll JUST do the clinic on Sunday and watch the game after, and then maybe start playing the following Sunday. *ack!*

5 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 17, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Ditto on the boobs thing.

You realize of course, that I'll be living vicaroiusly through you, so I'll expect a full report on "skating while fully clad".

"Brown Santa" made me laugh. And in case you havn't checked my blog, my mom is cancer free. Just some blockage, and a little ulcer that is healing nicely. What a relief.

Ms. Conduct  July 17, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

Oh, I'm SO relieved for you and your mom and your whole family.

Believe me, there will be a full update. :)

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 17, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Your sentaments are VERY much appreciated, Thank you.

Life_As_A_Redhead  July 18, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

My brothers emailed me this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDhFRQT49OM

I thought you might enjoy it.

Ms. Conduct  July 18, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

That's awesome, Red. I cannot wait to get up for a game this season, though I'm sure it won't be that grand of an opening. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP